Solarize Houston, now in its third year, achieves a discount for Houstonians through group purchasing of solar systems installed at their homes. The program involves:
- Purchasers’ Committee competitively selecting the Installer.
- Participants enrolling in the program (There is NO COMMITMENT until the participant actually enters into a contract with the solar installer AND NO COST).
- Selected Solar Installer evaluates the potential participants’ suitability of their home for a solar system, including their energy use, the layout of their roofs and cost.
- Participants individually finalizing an installment contract with the Selected Solar Installer. Price saving are realized when tiered goals of solar sold are met. The more solar sold, the lower the price for all participants!
Solarize Houston invites you to review information on this website, reach out to SolarizeHouston@outlook.com with any questions, schedule a neighborhood information session if desired, and, or simply, enroll in the program.
About Solar Systems:
The websites of trade associations, non-governmental organizations and others contain FAQs and other useful information:
- The Solar Energy Industry Association (“SEIA”)
- Solar Energy Net
- Go Solar California
- About the Solarize concept
- Here is a great short article by American Solar Energy Society about the basics of solar. It provides a good general overview
- Texas Solar Outfitters presentation at Houston Renewable Energy Network on January 14
- pvwatts.nrel.gov has a tool to calculate energy production and costs for solar systems at your site.